Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Boat

Well, we bought a boat the other day. In keeping with the "Old Man's" advice we need to get some water experience, so we bought a small motor boat to get our proverbial "feet wet".

The boat is a 1994 Bayliner Capri 1850 LS (18'5") bowrider. We got it on Craigslist for $575.00 with trailer. What a steal. It is definately a bit of a project boat, but it is worth at least 3 times the amount I paid for it even if I didn't do any work.

Since we've got it, I've spent alot of time cleaning it up and replacing/repairing things like a rotten seat bottom, rotten ski locker cover, rotten motor cover, etc. The boat's foor and electronics all seem pretty good and I think that this will be a great starter boat for us.

I'll keep updating the progress I make with the boat and include some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment